Friday, December 3, 2010

Missing Thanksgiving

Happy late Thanksgiving everybody.  This year I doubly missed Thanksgiving.  First, and most obvious, I was in Afghanistan for it.  Second, I was a convoy that left early early early Thanksgiving morning.  So I spent all of Thanksgiving traveling the open deserts of Afghanistan.  It was a seven day mission were we only went 120 miles round trip but you can only go about 5 kph through the desert.  But I think it's good for the staff officers to get out with the troops, especially if they're going to be out over the holidays.  It shows everybody that the staffers are willing to get down and dirty like everybody else.  So for Thanksgiving I ate a Chili Mac MRE.  But I still have all my digits and appendeges so all is well.

I sent my Christmas list out today.  If you didn't get it, please get with Mom as she has it.  Everybody still needs to me send me yours, preferably not in Powerpoint form.  (Thanks Zach.  Your a future Army Officer in the making)

Pictures from the mission to follow later.  I'm getting kicked off the computer now.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment