Want to wish everybody a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Camp Leatherneck Afghanistan. Everything has been going really well lately and it's been keeping me really busy over the last couple weeks.
Since early November we've been able to push out over 30 convoys, driven over 100,000 miles, and delivered 20,000 tons of equipment to the warfighters. It's a pretty impressive total for just two months and the pace isn't going to slow down at all.
The mail system has been crazy busy lately over the holidays. Pile poor weather on top of it and you get a huge backlog of mail at all the main post offices in theater (including here). I've been able to get a couple presents so far. Don't worry, I've refused the temptations open them. Hopefully there's some good stuff in there.
Not much else going on around here. I work out, work, sleep, and repeat. We were able to finally get our TV hooked up to AFN so I can get a little bit of America in my room now. Now if my PlayStation 3 would arrive, it would make the TV a little more fun.
All I got for now. Look for a new post on Christmas.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment