Monday, November 15, 2010

Outback/Carrabas Meal

Just wanted to a quick thanks to two outstanding organizations: Outback Steakhouse and Carrabas Italian Grill.  Both restaurants decided to support the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan by shipping all kinds of food to both countries and cooking it too.  I just chowed down on some strip steak, pasta, vegetable ravioli, calamari, bloomin onion, and some cheesecake.  I think all the weight I've lost so far just got put back on in the last 45 minutes.  It was a great meal even though the steak was cooked until it was charcoal.  But, seeming as I'm in Afghanistan and getting such a great meal, I can't complain. 

Mom sent me great care package today.  Cashews, twizzlers, granola bars, beef jerky, and jolly ranchers.  Always a good combination.  The only thing that could've made it better would be some cherry/white chocolate/machadamia nut cookies.  Christmas is just around the corner though so I'm sure those will be in works soon. 

In other news, I've been taking advantage of the sweet deployment pay and have paid off my student loans and my TV I bought during the summer.  It's about the only thing I enjoy about deploying is paying off all my bills.  Hopefully now I can focus on my house payments and cut a couple years and a couple thousand dollars in interest out of the tail end of it.

Time to go let my food digest.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment