Happy New Year everybody! I'm a couple days late, but the world didn't end so I think it'll be okay.
Thanks for all the Christmas pictures. Looked like a good time, even if I wasn't there. I think the Bellmer/Shields/Logan/Martinez picture should become an annual tradition.
I want to thank everybody for the presents I've been receiving and am still receiving. I've been getting some Christmas/New Years/Birthday/Martin Luther King Jr. Day presents every couple days since Christmas. The Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks coffee that some of you sent has been great and everybody is enjoying the break from the usual stuff we drink. That stuff mostly tastes like burnt styrofoam.
I was spending the gift card that Grandma Edna bought got me for Christmas and I accidentally sent it to my house in Clarksville that somebody is currently living in. Yes, my house finally rented the week before Christmas. So I'm kinda stuck because I bought some nice headphones to block out all the random noise in the room and some coffee. I don't know which one I'm more upset about...
In Leatherneck news, they opened a new MWR facility with faster internet and more phones. The best part is that it's about 50 yards from the house. Now on my days off, I just have to go a little bit to check my email and call people.
I recently purchased a pair of the five toe running shoes (They're actually called Five Finger Vibrams). Took two days to get the commander to bless off on it so we (a buddy and myself) each ordered a pair and are eagerly waiting for them to get here. I rarely get this excited for mail, but I can't wait for these to get here. From what I've read about them, you need to start with running like a quarter mile and working your way back up to normal running distances because of all the different muscles you work.
That's it for now. I actually finished a post before getting booted off the computer.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment