I made it to Virginia (Hopewell, VA to be exact) and am pretty well settled in. I'll be here until late August and than it's off to a currently unknown duty station. I'll find that out in a month or two.
This area of Virginia is...interesting. A lot different from Clarksville/Hopkinsville which were growing a lot despite the struggling economy in the rest of the country. Then I get here and it looks like the economy has hit this place like a ton of bricks. Driven around a lot to try and get familiar with everything that's around here and there's not that much being built. Lots of areas that are looking pretty run down. Hopefully, now the economy looks to be recovering, albeit pretty slowly, this place will start to get built back up.
I started my Masters in Logistics and Supply Chain Management through Embry Riddle Aeronautical University last week. First class in the chute is Theory and Application of Managerial Communications. Being a leader in the Army, I should be able to put this class to good use when I get to my next unit and start being in charge of Soldiers again.
Last week I also reported to the school house here at Ft. Lee to start my captain's course. Signed in on Tuesday, March 20 and they told me to inprocess Ft. Lee and be back at 7 am on April 2. Although it's nice to get two weeks to inprocess, it took me a total of about five hours spread over three days to do it. Only reason it took three days was because you could only do certain things on certain days. Otherwise, I would've been done on Tuesday. Finished up on Friday so I will be taking advantage of the next week off. With that said, I'm getting kinda bored and am definitely getting ready for school to start.
To fill in some free time while I'm here (allegedly we're done each day at about 3 pm), I'm trying to get back into biking. Went to buy a bike last week but the one I wanted wasn't in stock so they had to order it. Hopefully I will get it by mid week this week and I get a chance to put some miles on it before I start school next week. It's a really nice bike, a Cannondale CAAD10 5. Nice, nice, nice bike. Great for riding roads and capable or being a good triathlon bike if I decide to progress to that. I'll put up a picture when I get it.
Time to rock out some school work and than go for a run.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment