So there has been slight adjustment to the countdown. I'll still be home on the same date but the replacements arrival changed.
 |
| 28 Days left!!!! |
|
|
|
|
In other news, I found the vehicle I will be buying when I get back. It's a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition. I test drove a similar one while I was home on R&R in June and loved it. It actually goes back to when I first saw the commercial for the new Grand Cherokee before I even left for Afghanistan. At that point I decided I would be buying one when I got back and I've been saving up ever since. This is the exact vehicle I will be taking off the lot. As soon as the dealer emails me back confirming the receipt of my security deposit, I'm sending a friend to look at it and test drive. I'd hate to end up buying a cardboard cut out of a Jeep. And she also happens to be a former Jeep dealer so even better.
 |
| My baby... |
I decided I won't be taking leave until November 15. This gives me time to get settled in at where ever I will be calling home when I get back. And then my leave ends after Thanksgiving. Don't know when exactly I'll be back in Iowa but I definitely won't be driving home on Wednesday night and leaving on Saturday again this year. That was a terrible mistake last time. I will be taking another two weeks of leave around Christmas too. Haven't set exact dates yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment